Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Finally! A house and Ranch Oyster Crackers




Hooray! This day couldn't have come soon enough! The Hubs was finally able to sign the agreement for our rental house yesterday! We will be able to move in around the beginning of August. You have no idea how excited I am. While the hotel is nice, and we have a small kitchen in our room, I can't bake, and anything I cook is limited to two burners and a microwave.  I think one of the first things I will make once we get settled, is one of my childhood favorites...Ranch Oyster Crackers! It is super easy!


My kids love, love, love this recipe. I can't even get it into the oven without them stealing some first. My mom also used to make it for us when we were little, so it is one of those recipes that takes me back :)


Ranch Oyster Crackers
Finished crackers cooling


10 oz bag of oyster crackers (these are little round saltines you can find near the crackers. I have found them in both bags and boxes.)
1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup oil (I use olive oil)

Preheat your oven to 250 °F, approx 120/121°C if your here in Germany like me :D

Empty oyster crackers into a gallon sized zipper bag and add the oil. Toss to coat the crackers.

Add your ranch, lemon pepper, dill weed, and garlic powder. Toss to coat the crackers.

Bake in a 250 °F (120/121 °C) oven for 15-20 minutes.

Let cool and then store in an air tight container.

*You can even add in pretzels, chex cereal, etc to the oyster crackers to make a snack mix. You may need to adjust the amount of seasoning and oil, depending on how much of each extra ingredient you add in.*


 Do you have any recipes you love to make that take you back to your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment